Friend's Blogs

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Where Am I




Where am I at?  That is such a good question.  When I think about this question, I think about this great community of Aurora.  I think of all the great people that live here, and how fortunate we are to be here.  The people of Aurora are so nice and would do anything for someone in the community.  I couldn’t imagine growing up as a kid in a big city like Los Angeles or even Omaha.  Aurora is the perfect size for a kid to grow up in.  It has such a great community and school system.  Aurora High School is the perfect school for any student.  Kids don’t have to worry about students bringing guns or drugs in the school, because we just don’t have those kinds of kids in our community.  I love growing up in such a great community.


                Next, I think about the great state of Nebraska.  I’ve lived in Nebraska my whole life, and I couldn’t imagine me growing up somewhere else.  You always hear people talk bad about Nebraska.  People always complain how the winters are too cold and the summers are hot.  I think the weather in Nebraska is good because you never know what the weather is going to be like, it is always a surprise.  You can’t live in Nebraska and not like the Huskers.  Going to that stadium and seeing the “Sea of Red” is one of the coolest things ever.  It’s crazy to think that the Nebraska Cornhuskers have the most consecutive sell-outs in college football.  Nebraska could go 12 seasons without playing a football game and we would still have the most consecutive sell-outs.  I think that’s just insane.  That shows that the Husker fans are dedicated and love football.  The Huskers are finally decent this year and we have a chance to go to the Rose Bowl for the first time since 1941, once again I think that is amazing.  Nebraska and I share a Birthday, on March 1st.  How many people can say that they share their birthday with the great state that they live in, not many.   I couldn’t imagine growing up anywhere else.  Nebraska has such great people and it’s just an all-around good atmosphere.  I love living in this beautiful state.

                I think about how lucky we are to live in this great country known as America.  In the U.S. every individual is respected.  You can say what you want and do what you want without being judged.  You have so many opportunities as a citizen living in America, than you do if you were in a different country.  You can do almost anything you want to because every individual has rights.  Our technology helps with so many of these great opportunities that we have as an individual.  We have made so many advances in technology that you can use some type of technology for almost anything.  Our technology is becoming so advanced that hopefully soon we can cure things like cancer.  I think at the rate our economy is going, we will be able to do that in the near future.  I hope that we cure cancer in the near future.  No one deserves to live like that.

                Writing this blog, I am sitting in Honors Comp II.  I am thinking where this class will get me in life.  I realize now that this class is so important in every students life.  It helps you learn so many valuable things that every high school student should know in their life.  I keep thinking about how I need to get prepared for college, because graduation isn’t far away.  High school is very important for you in helping you get ready for college and get you ready for the rest of your life.  Part of me is like “Yes! I’m ready to get out of aurora and live on my own” and another part of me is like “I’m kind of scared to go to college and live on my own, because it only means I’m getting closer to becoming a real adult.”  Senior year, seems like it is the most important thing and I feel like I am making the most important decisions of my life with like colleges.

               
 Right now, I am a senior at Aurora High School.   I have my priorities set for what I think I need to do, but they could be wrong.  I hope that I am headed on the right path toward the future.

1 comment:

  1. Zach,

    Your photographs are excellent! I really did get an idea about your place and why it is important to you. I also like that you spoke of the Huskers and how they so characterize they typical Nebraskan! But not all! I know you will do well wherever you go. You will shine.

    Dr. English

    ReplyDelete