Friend's Blogs

Friday, December 7, 2012

What is my purpose?

What is my purpose?  That is such a good question.  When you think about “What is my purpose?” you think about so many things that you could do with your life.  Everyone is here for a reason.  People should find out what that reason is and live it.
 One of my purposes is to be a son.  I have wonderful parents that do absolutely everything for me.  My purpose is to please and obey them every day.  I couldn’t imagine my life without them in my life.  I wouldn’t be anywhere without them.  My parents play such a big part in my everyday life and are super important to me.  They have always taught me to work hard in everything I do and to never give up.  I am also a brother.  I have to always be there for my siblings and always do the right thing.  I have to be willing to help them whenever they need it, even if it isn’t the funnest thing.
After high school my purpose is to go to college and get a good education.  Without an education, you can’t really get very far in life.  You need a good education for whatever career you decide to pursue.  Without an education, you can’t really do anything in today’s economy.   I feel that living up seeing my dad working and hearing all of the stories he has, it only feels right to become a State Trooper like him.  I have always been interested I law, ever since I was little.  I think part of that reason is because of my father.  His job just sounds so interesting.  I couldn’t really imagine me doing anything else.  All I can think about is when I do ride along with him.  Or how I help him tear apart cars to see if there are drugs hidden in places like the gas tank, or dash board, or even in the spare tire.  Not many people can say that they have been “searching” for drugs since they were twelve.  His career is so interesting.  I’m so thankful that he is a State Trooper.  Otherwise, I probably would have not thought of a career path like that.
Hopefully in the future, my purpose is to get married to someone amazing and have children.  When I think about this topic, all I can think about is “I hope they are healthy.”  I want to make sure that I am a good husband and father.  Every kid should have that in their life.  They shouldn’t have to worry about their parents splitting up or fighting all the time.  A kid should be able to enjoy his life and grow up saying, “I had a wonderful childhood.”  I also think about how I want my children to grow up and become successful in life.
Another thing I think about is my faith.  I kind of already said this, but everyone is put here for a reason and they have a certain duty to fulfill throughout their lifetime.  Everyone’s reason is different and you might not find out your purpose right away, but that is ok.  A lot of people tell me that being a Catholic is stupid.  People always say that Catholics are bad and nobody should believe that.  I actually love being Catholic.  It just “fit” me.  It’s also good because Troy is Catholic so we can hang out.
The Goltz family has always been so successful.  My dad being a State Trooper and starting his own business.  He gets to travel all across the country and parts of the world to teach other people that are in law enforcement, the secret service, the DEA, and others.  Not many people can say that they get to do that.  Next you have my uncle Doug Goltz.  He is one of the most successful people I know.  He is the Principal at Falls City Sacred Heart.  He is also the basketball, football, and track coach.  He has taken their basketball team to State Basketball for the last 15 years and they have done very well.  On Tuesday night, he got his 500th basketball win.  That is so crazy.  Not many coaches can say that they have gotten 500 wins in their years of coaching, let alone in one sport.  There have only been 14 coaches in the history of Nebraska that have gotten 500 wins.  It is so amazing to have an uncle that can do that.  Fulfilling the Goltz Legacy and keeping it strong is one of the most important things I feel that I can do in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Zach,

    I have no doubt that some day you will be a great father and role model for your children and many other people.

    And don't let anyone tell you that being a Catholic is stupid! Most of my family is Catholic and they are very devout and sincere about their faith. People should respect that.

    Dr. English

    ReplyDelete